Marble Loaf Cake – An Everyday Basic
Oh, what a wonderful day. No matter if the sun is shining or it’s cold outside, sometimes all that counts is what’s on your plate. And here comes the marble loaf cake. It’s so basic but super delicious. You don’t always have to eat the fanciest meals. The most simple things in life are often the best.
Marble Loaf Cake
- 5 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 piece grated orange zest
- 1 piece vanilla pod
- 1 tsp gingerbread spices
- 250 g flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- 100 g dark couverture
- 100 ml whipped cream
- Coarsely chop the couverture and melt it in a saucepan with the whipped cream
- Set aside and let cool
- Beat eggs, sugar, butter and a pinch of salt until frothy
- Add the grated orange zest and the vanilla pulp
- Mix the flour with baking powder and sieve over the mixture
- Pour ⅔ (two thirds) of the mixture into an oblong dish lined with baking paper
- Stir in the cooled couverture cream and gingerbread spice under the rest
- Place the dark dough on top of the light dough and carefully fold in a spiral with a fork so that the cake is marbled
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for about 60 minutes
Tips For The Preparation
If you don’t have any whipped cream and couverture, you can also mix 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder as well as 10 ml of milk and use it as a dark batter. To let the cake stay nice and juicy, it can be covered all around with couverture after cooling.
General Information Of The Recipe
The marble loaf cake tastes even better the next day, as the spices can develop properly with time. If you like, you can also add a dash of rum to the dark batter instead of the milk. You can also freeze it so that you can eat it somewhen in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if my cake is not rising?
After a quarter of an hour, carefully cut into the top of the cake with a knife so that it can unfold from the inside out
What can I do if the marble loaf cake is too dry?
Instead of butter, you can also use oil and only use half of the flour and the other half starch.
What to do if the cake is not done inside yet?
Use less whipped cream and leave the cake in the switched-off oven for 10 minutes after baking.