Strawberry Cupcakes – Simply Delicious
These tiny, soft strawberry cupcakes are a gift for your sense of taste. They are amazing, just bake them and take them anywhere you wanna go. You can wrap small or large portions depending on how long you will be away.
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g curd
- 1 packet custard powder
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 400 g strawberries
- 1 packet red cake glaze
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Knead a shortcrust pastry from flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter and egg yolk
- Put this in a cling film in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Mix the curd with the juice of a lemon, the custard powder and the powdered sugar and stir well
- Mix in the egg quickly
- Grease 6 small tartlet forms, diameter approximately 10 cm
- Take the kneading dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out
- Then cut out a round shape with a diameter of approximately 12 cm and line the tartlet shape with it
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of the curd mixture on top
- Do the same with the other tartlet shapes
- Bake all in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes
- Take out after baking and let cool down
- Then carefully remove from the mould
- In the meantime, wash the strawberries and quarter them
- When the curd mass is firm on top, cover it with the strawberry wedges
- Prepare the red cake glaze according to the instructions on the pack
- Let cool down briefly and then sprinkle quickly over the strawberries
- As soon as the topping is firm, you can decorate these pieces of cake with whipped cream dots
Tips For The Preparation
If the shortcrust pastry is difficult to detach from the mould, lightly flour or sprinkle with fine breadcrumbs after greasing. Alternatively, you can line the form with baking paper. Also, don’t leave shortcrust pastry in the refrigerator for too long, otherwise, it will not roll out well.
General Information Of The Recipe
As an alternative to curd, you can also cook a pudding with milk. Then let it cool down slightly so that the mass becomes firmer. To do this, cover with foil so that no skin forms. Then distribute the pudding on top of the strawberry cupcakes after baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if the curd does not set?
Add some cornstarch to the curd mixture. Allow cooling properly after baking so that the curd becomes firm
What to do if the shortcrust pastry cannot be kneaded?
Always use soft butter and place all ingredients on a baking mat. Then knead with your hands until a homogeneous mass is formed.
How long do the strawberry cupcakes last?
The shortcrust will soften on the second day. In order for the strawberries to stick, it’s important that they are covered with cake icing. This means that no air can get to the berries. Put it in the fridge overnight.