No matter what time of the year we have, you can always get a great summer feeling with our pineapple sunshine cake. It tastes so creamy and super delicious. Take it anywhere you go and it will be a hit in any case.
Pineapple Sunshine Cake
- 150 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1 lemon
- 500 g curd
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 1 package custard powder
- 150 g sugar
- 4 slices pineapple
- Place the butter, sugar, egg and the zest of a grated lemon on a baking mat and knead with your hands to make a shortcrust pastry
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes
- Mix the curd, custard powder, sugar and eggs in a bowl
- Add the juice of one lemon
- Slowly stir in the oil
- Take the shortcrust pastry out of the fridge and roll it out on the baking mat so that it fits into a round baking pan
- First press the shortcrust pastry into a greased baking pan and also line the edge of the baking pan with shortcrust pastry
- Cover with the fluid curd mixture
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes
- When a light, firm layer has formed on top, take the cake out of the oven and decorate with the halved pineapple pieces
- Then bake everything again for about 20 minutes
- Leave the cake in the oven for 10 minutes with the oven switched-off
Tips For The Preparation
You can also distribute the fruit under the curd mixture before baking and bake it for the entire time. This makes the pineapple sunshine cake even juicier inside. The baking pan can also be lined with baking paper. As a result, everything stays compactly together and the fluid coating does not penetrate through the mould.
General Information Of The Recipe
If you don’t like pineapples, you can replace them with cherries or apples. Also, different kinds of berries suit perfectly. As an alternative to taste, add a shot of eqq liqueur to the curd mixture. This will give it another flavour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is fresh pineapple or from a can better?
The canned pineapple is best because it’s sweeter.
What to do if my shortcrust dough won’t roll out?
Do not leave it in the refrigerator for too long. No longer than 15 to 30 minutes.
What can I do if the curd mass is not firm after baking?
It’s best to leave the cake in the switched-off oven overnight. The next morning it can be cut wonderfully.